When cataclysm arrives the new level requirement for maxing out your professions is going to be level 75. With the current lull in wow content why not level your toons in order to prepare for making tons of gold in cataclysm?
Here are 10 ways to increase the leveling efficiency of your toons...
- 1. Use the best enchants on your bind on account equipment but don't enchant your other gear unless it's with excess materials and you are an enchanter trying to get skill ups.
- 2. When you reach outland and northrend use uncommon quality gems to socket your quest or dungeon rewards.
- 3. Pick at least one trade skill which benefits from the dungeon finder: Enchanting, Mining, Skinning, Herbalism or Tailoring (level 70+ dungeons). Try to keep the tradeskill from falling behind your current dungeons as you level.
- 4. Sell everything you can on the auction house to keep from having to farm or do anything besides leveling.
- 5. Get speed to boots asap on your character.
- 6. Get at least four netherweave bags for each leveling toon.
- 7. Stick to one character for several hours at a time. Constantly switching toons will prevent you from getting in a "groove." It's ok to switch and play different characters but try to stick to one per playing session.
- 8. Get vendor items to allow for your special spells such as rebirth or greater blessings.
- 9. Gear your character for optimizing your role in a dungeon. If you are a dps get gear which allows you to dps for as long as possible without stopping. For a priest or mage that could mean lots of spirit gear. For a tank you'll want defense and stamina. For a healer you'll want intellect and spirit. Gear correctly for your role and you'll find yourself having a lot more fun.
- 10. Join a Guild. Guilds will give you access to tons of high level characters or even players at the same level as you are. Being able to group up and easily communicate with teammates through ventrillo or other voice chat services will greatly improve your gaming experience.