NO WAY. I've been running full tilt making hand over fist because so many auctioneers have decided to take a break until cataclysm. I ask them why and they say they're bored or just tired or whatever reason they can come up with. I understand that the content is currently a little slugish and the game is no where near as entertaining as it will be when cataclysm launches, but why not take advantage of a thriving auction house in the mean time?
It pays to be different.
While others are emptying guild banks or taking a break until cataclysm I'm plugging away selling everything I can at insane markups. The farmers are still out there looking for people to buy their goods and new toons are constantly hitting level 80 regardless of whether you take a break or not. Many people are telling you to dump your items now while you still can. I'm saying don't you dare and you better take advantage of those that do!
What you should be doing now.
- Looking for empty markets to price gouge
- Keeping an eye out for farmers dumping cheap materials
- Checking for guilds and auctioneers alike emptying their guild banks into the auction house
- Leveling Alts to get access more professions
- Selling but reacting to price changes
The sad truth is, many items you may think are going to be worthless when cataclysm hits are actually going to be gold mines. Think before you liquidate!