A few weeks ago I wrote a post about how pets might disappear with cataclysm but I never thought that whole instances would completely vanish from the game. This has staggering implications if blizzard chooses to allow one of the best mage polymorphs (and rarest) to just stop dropping in the game. This is an item that's already worth 2k gold on most servers, what is it going to become when there's a limited quantity in the world... of warcraft?
How Could Blizzard Ruin this Amazing Oppurtunity?
- The area which is replacing the instance (it's basically becoming an outdoor leveling area) could have mobs that drop the tome.
- Make the tome a vendor item.
- Make the tome a quest chain.
Should You Bother Farming It Then?
- There has been no indication in the current beta that blizzard will be keeping the tome.
- The chance at a priceless item is just too much to pass up.
You'll need to kill the optional boss: Gahz'Rankha in Zul'Gurub. To summon this boss you will first need to complete a quest which allows you to buy a lure. Then you need to just use a 300 fishing skill to get Zulian Mudskunk anywhere in the instance to put on the lure.
Although reputation with this faction will probably be available in some form in cataclysm it's not guaranteed. There are lots of achievement seekers looking to get exalted with the trolls from ZG and since there isn't all that much to keep players entertained right now they are all buying coins and bijou's. Any items you collect from ZG which can be turned in for rep I highly recommend that you price gouge them on the auction house.
Image by http://gnomeaggedon.net/