All professions are seeing increases across all markets since 4.0.1 was released. Here's why:
- Honor Points
- Justice Points
- Gearing Alts as well as Mains
What's scaring me is not that glyphs, meta gems or other gear enhancements like belt buckles are doing so well. It's the amount of gold other players have to spend on their items! Players are dropping hundreds of gold, maybe even thousands of gold on glyphs alone! They're paying more than they did when inscription first boomed and glyphs sold for 100 gold a pop. I sold dozens for as much as 300! This should worry anyone who is big on massing gold as an auctioneer in world of warcraft. What is going to happen when inflation hits a peak during cataclysm? Will ten thousand gold be a drop in the bucket for most players? Only time will tell but I'm worried for the future of the currency in this game.
When cataclysm is released players are going to be just as willing to spend as they are now. In fact, many will drop thousands leveling their professions quickly so getting your farmer out into the new zones will be crucial. With 310% flying and mobs being 5 levels above you at the most you should be able to max your gathering professions rather quickly.
Take advantage of the following links to make gold now with what you have before cataclysm:
Out of ideas for what to sell? Try this list of my most popular selling items right now, in no particular order:
1. Meta GemsThis list was sent to subscribers of my newsletter but so many people asked for it that I decided to release it on the blog as well. You should subscribe today so you're privy to this kind of information immediately instead of having to wait.
2. Abyssal Bags
3. Epic Gems
4. Netherweave Bags
5. Enchanting Scrolls (mostly +10 stats to chest and superior weapon potency). I am using crystallized earth combined with common gems to create disenchanting fodder. Cobalt occasionally is cheap enough to turn into cobalt war axes as well for my greater cosmic essences. I just buy the abyss crystals and dream shards. NOTE: You can disenchant all pvp gear now!!!
6. Titanium Items (mostly weapon chains, shield spikes and plating)
7. Leg Armor
9. Glyphs (glyph of Mage Armor for outrageous prices)
10. Eternal Belt Buckles