Epic Gem CD - WTF Blizzard
First off, I am so angry at blizzard for the Epic Gem Cooldown which doesn't even appear to be a bug anymore but instead all too intentional. After a blue post stating that cooldowns on epic gem transmutes would be removed it is asinine to then make it a 24 hour cooldown based on midnight server time. To clarify, currently when you transmute with an alchemist, the cooldown is reset to midnight of the current day. Un-freaking-believeable blizzard. I have hundreds of emails (300+ yesterday) asking me why epic gem cooldown hasn't changed. You know what, I understand their anger and there's nothing I can do to help them except advise the selling off of your eternals and cutting raw/epic gems for as much gold as you can get for them at the moment. I made 31k gold from glyphs last night and I would have made another 60k if epic gems were working properly. I feel your collective pain as I watch epic gems of all colors rise a hundred gold in price. I am so sorry for those of you who, like me, put way too much gold into their transmute stockpile. We will be hard pressed to sell off our supplies before they are virtually worthless. The clock is ticking, get selling.
31k in a Night
So how did I make such an obscene amount of gold on Glyph-mas?
First off, my numbers were actually pretty typical of anyone who stockpiled a few of every glyph in the game. I had anywhere from 10-20 of every glyph and I had the ink to create more in case I ran out of stock... which I did over and over again. The key to my strategy was something I wish I'd told you all about. I feel like I failed you all this patch in more ways than one, especially with the epic gem cooldown bug.
- Buy out all glyphs below 10 gold on the auction house that weren't getting charred.
- Post 48 hour auctions of every glyph for 60-120 gold the night before patch day, a good 6 hours before server shutdown.
- Watch as everone undercut with their addons which many of them would not know how to fix in the morning.
- 5 minutes after servers came online get on myself and discover that my own addons weren't working.
- Decide to go with posting by hand thousands of glyphs for 50-300 gold each depending on competition. With so many aucitoneers blind or hoping that they could get addons working while their glyphs that they posted last night sold, I made out like a bandit. Probably pulled in a good 10k+ in the first hour alone.
- Learned the new glyphs and posted them for 100-300 gold each: Faerie Fire, Feral Charge, Lacerate, Tiger's Fury, Deathwish, Intercept, Blind, Colossus Smash, Living Bomb (FYI Smash and Bomb are from book of glyph mastery and research). Cold's Gold Factory had this list up first so here's some credit Cold.
- Continued to post by hand, completely ignoring or buying out anyone below 50 gold on any glyph. After the dust had settled and I'd finished my thousands of postings over the course of 5 hours, I had made 31k gold and more sales were coming in for collection in the morning.
I still am having issues getting my addons to work but I just don't have the time right now with my RL job and running this community (that includes answering an ungodly number of emails) to put in any game time tonight. I might get on and do a post if I get my addons working but that's it. I've been hard pressed just to write the 4.0 articles this week instead of your regularly scheduled programming.
Right now it looks like ZeroAuctions and MailOpenner are working if you turn off all other addons. I also had a lot of users suggest Auction Profit Master as well. A 90% completed version of auctioneer developer is another option. Do you have an addon combo that is working which you'd like to share with everyone chomping at the bit for this valuable information?
Vanishing Powder Tip
"Hello Markco!I read at JustMyTwoCopper a very long time, and I thought now it is perhaps time to contribute a little from my side.
So here's my tip of the sale: Vanishing Powder
Its required to replace a existing glyph with another.
You can buy it at any Inscription-Requirements-NPC at a price of 32 Silver (for my example in Silvermoon).
And you can sell it for a really high profit in relation to the npc-price.
I sold and sell them for 59 Silver to 2 Gold a piece, and people buy it like crazy.
So lets see, 32 Silver at the NPC for 5, sold in the auction house for 59 Silver a piece = 2,63 Gold profit, maybe even more!
I already made hundreds of Gold profit with that on the first day after patching, and i think it will increase until the weekend, when so much more people come online and set their glyphs.
Beside that i have another little tip for you and the community - epic gems.
You can still buy them for 168 Honor Points in Orgrimmar (on Horde-Side) a piece, i got around 60k Honor and some other PvP-Items before Patch and had around 4k Honor Points after, so i could buy more than one stack with my main and around two stacks more with each of my twinks.
You get 16 Honor points for each Wintergrasp-Quest you finish, so even for people which dont want to waste their pve-points for them they are easy reachable. (Just an example.)
I hope this tips are useful for you and the community.
Continue your good job with the site, its just amazing!