Before I show you this email I received recently, I'd first like to talk to you about the whole concept of playing without addons. Some players actually enjoy it! I know that I am constantly recommending the use of about a half dozen powerful addons to help you manipulate the auction house successfully, but it is entirely possible to do well without them. I would go so far as to say it's close to self mutilation but who am I to rain on someone else's parade? Who's to say that combing the auction house by hand isn't a great way to learn the auction house so that when you do end up using addons you'll be a pro at it? Keep this in mind when you read the following email and please try to avoid the 'l2addons noob!' comments. Not that you leave those kinds of things, just trying to make sure that you get the point of the post instead of focusing on how addons would make this player's life easier.
"Thanks! Your blog is one of three real pretty regularly. I came into the making srs gold just a month ago. I have been able to make over 6k gold since I started in earnest. I am proof that you don't need to be hardcore to make gold. I am stitting today a month later at 12k. See I don't make gold full time, I raid 3 tiimes a week so, I have to be able to fit it into my schedule and not overrun my rl.
I am on a rp horde leaning server and here is how I've done it, so the next time someone calls you and ass you can't point to me as an example.even my husband is amazed at how well I have been doing with little work involved!
1. No Auctioneer
- I don't use auctioneer or fancy macros, I use auctionlite and good old fashion paper n pencil. Yep you heard right.
- This started when I first played wow, my computer couldn't handle the drain of auctioneer. That being said I don't always count on auctionite to set a price for an item that is rare. I do my due diligence, check my lists, check. Rarity and set then price. I keep my snatch list handy to buy up items that are low gold that I hope to make a profit from in the future.
- I have a flip list and study the market for niche items and snatch list for rares.
- Such as flipping savory deviate delight from a purchase price of 150 to sold price of 435
- Or arcane tomes at 10 gold each and flipped at 200 a piece
- I have even sold a purple witch hat from a dalarn vendor for 100 gold, which was a risk but at best I would have a swanky hat for my main that only cost about 41g.
- I have bought 3 rich purple shirts at 15 g to flip for later
- My husband and I have started farming world dragons so you can imagine the drops we are going to get for future profit.
- My shamen is 1/2 thru 79 and did the shattered sun dailies since then I am farming the belfs for sunfury signets and arcane tome. 30 mins and 3 rounds of whacking on belfs.
- Cloth drops sent to my tailor for bags 7-12 gold depending on the day
- Adamantite mines for jems, mercurial adaminte made and sold. Gems 7-12 gold,. Mercurial adamtine 25g a piece.
- Greens listed once, then if unsold sent to my enchanted for bc level enchants 7-20g
- Sunfury signets 235 g for a stack of 30
Thanks again and I look forward to more of your sound market advice!