Retweet, tell your friends on facebook, mention JMTC in a youtube video, post on the wow forums, or race out your front door and shout at the top of your lungs: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JMTC!" Well that last one is probably the least effective, but to each his own!
Jhaman did this for JMTC's birthday, very funny commercial for 20kleveling.
I'd like to thank YOU, the community, for making this site such a worthwhile and enjoyable place to visit. The recent explosion of readership over the course of the past 6 months and heavy linking from major websites have helped to cement JMTC, the collective entity you all represent that is, as the #1 gold guide out there.
It's not about Markco and his ideas, it's about this community and YOUR ideas. Thank you for your collective efforts in building and maintaining the superb information on this site and the forum, as well as your well mannered nature while conducting discussions here. I have only sent a handful of comments in the past six months to spam, most of them being bots, gold sellers and hack supporters. That speaks VOLUMES to the way you all behave on this site. It's not elitist jerks, it's not hate mongering with nonsensical philosophies, it's good old JMTC with information anyone can use to go from a gold making noob in cataclysm to a pro auctioneer who practices markco-vian economics.
If you think I'm done praising you guys and girls, well too bad, because I'm not. I don't care if you blush or feel embarrassed, you're getting thanked today.
- Thank you to z-man, whitewolf, zerotorescue, sherrets, sparks, blackwolf and all the jtmc forum admins.
- Thank you to the youtube commenters who always make me laugh.
- Thank you to the forum goers who effectively formed a think tank for cataclysm gold making knowledge.
- Thank you to the twitter users who are more than happy to retweet interesting articles from jmtc as well as ask me a plethora of questions while I'm running and tweeting on the treadmill or outside.
- Thank you to the blog writers who participate in the carnivals and who link to jmtc on their blogrolls; I've enjoyed watching your sites grow and flourish while you build your own communities.
- Thank you to the countless emails of gratitude, congratulation and encouragement throughout this past year.
- Thank you to the IRC chatters who seem to be on regardless of the hour of the day and are always willing to strike up a good conversation about the auction house.
- Thank you to the blog commenters who express their opinions, generate discussions and sometimes even correct my posts.
- Thank you to the Email Newsletter and RSS Feed subscribers who enjoy my content delivered to them on a daily basis as well as show support for the site.
- Thank you to Euripides from Wow.com's goldcapped and Bigjimm from Phase3Profit for working with me on the call to auction podcast as well as bouncing ideas back and forth about the ah.
- Thank you to all the sites who interviewed me this year, I had a lot of fun doing podcasts and text interviews with you all.
- Thank you to thunderer and jhaman for the castaclysm podcast and for making killing alliance so fun.
- Thank you donators for the thousands of dollars in donations which paid for the site redesign of jmtc and forum hosting costs.
- Thank you cataclysm / wotlk gold guide and premium forum members for your contributions to jmtc.
If this is the first post you read on jmtc, know this: what you see now is the result of blood, sweat and tears from myself and also the effort of tens of thousands of your fellow auctioneers. Two years of posting every day. Two years of managing and growing this community. Two years of building this house for the wandering masses of auctioneers looking for a place to hang their hat and have a beer together. I'd do it all again without thinking twice about it.
So why did I work so hard? Was it for the money? Was it for the attention?
Neither, it was for the love of the auction house game. It powers me to this day and is strengthened by the wonderful relationships I've made and people I've met throughout my stay in the wow gold blogosphere.
Let's build a cataclysm gold guide together.
PS: Cataclysm is coming to the blog as well as the world of warcraft. A huge change is in the works as I look to train a new content manager who is already a major blogger in the community and this person is very enthusiastic about the position. The scheduled start date for this new hire is Dec 1st, and I will be dropping more hints as time goes on as to who it is and what this will mean for JMTC. Stay tuned!
Now to throw it over for the comments, tell of your story and how JMTC has impacted your game experience.