This article was brought to you by The Warcraft Journal Magazine
The third World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm brings about many new features including guild leveling, races, class/race combinations and much more. Players of all types are excited to experience these and the rest of what Cataclysm has to offer. However, most people know that the main focus of the expansion is leveling. Goblins and Worgen will be leveling alongside the Tauren paladins and Human hunters. In addition, level 80's will be advancing their characters to level 85 and professions will need to reach their max level again. Everyone wants to level as fast as possible and players will be seeking out ways to speed up the process as much as possible with things like food, heirlooms and other stat boosting items.
Even before the release of Cataclysm, players will be searching the Auction House for items that will help them to level faster. Those looking to make gold can supply these players with the items they need and make a profit doing so. High level players normally have quite a bit of gold. They will be spending it on their low level alts as well as on their mains so that they can reach level 85 as soon as possible.
This section is for sellable items that players will be purchasing in preparation for Cataclysm leveling. Things such as food, bags, potions and other similar items.
You can find gold in both the food item or its materials.
- Very Burnt Worg - Worg Haunch x1, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Tender Shoveltusk Steak - Shoveltusk Flank x2, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Spicy Fried Herring - Fangtooth Herring x1, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Spicy Blue Nettlefish - Nettlefish x1, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Spiced Worm Burger - Worm Meat x2, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Snapper Extreme - Bonescale Snapper x3, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Rhinolicious Wormsteak - Worm Meat x1, Rhino Meat x1, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
- Poached Northern Sculpin - Musselback Sculpin x1, Northern Spices x1 (Skill: 400)
Materials are broken down.
- Frostweave Bag (20 Slots) - Frostweave Cloth x60, Infinite Dust x12
- Abyssal Bag (22 Slots) - Frostweave Cloth x60, Infinite Dust x12, Eternal Fire x4, Eternal Shadow x8, Eternium Thread x1
- Glacial Bag (22 Slots) - Frostweave Cloth x80, Infinite Dust x16, Eternal Shadow x8, Eternal Life x8, Eternium Thread x1
- Elixir of Lightning Speed - Deadnettle x1, Crystallized Life x1, Crystal Vial x1
- Elixir of Deadly Strikes - Goldclover x1, Adder's Tongue x2, Crystal Vial x1
- Elixir of Armor Piercing - Tiger Lilly x2, Crystal Vial x1
- Elixir of Mighty Mageblood - Goldclover x1, Lichbloom x2, Crystal Vial x1
- Runic Healing Potion - Goldclover x1, Lichbloom x2, Crystal Vial x1
- Runic Mana Potion - Goldclover x1, Lichbloom x2, Crystal Vial x1
With the release of the expansion, you can gather materials for those looking to power level their profession. The gold potential early on is phenomenal so make sure to get out farming as soon as possible.
- Albino Cavefish - Deepholm (Recommended Skill: 550)
- Mountain Trout - Mount Hyjal (Recommended Skill: 575)
- Lavascale Catfish - Deepholm and Uldum (Recommended Skill: 550/650)
- Striped Lurker - Mount Hyjal and Twilight Highlands (Recommended Skill: 575/650)
- Highland Guppy - Twilight Highlands (Recommended Skill: 650)
- Sharptooth - Deepholm, Mount Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Uldum (Recommended Skill: 550-650)
- Blackbelly Mudfish - Uldum (Recommended Skill: 650)
- Algaefin Rockfish - Twilight Highlands, Told Barad, Vashj'ir (Recommended Skill: 575-650)
- Deepsea Sagefish - Twilight Highlands, Tol Barad, Vashj'ir, Uldum (Recommended Skill: 575-675)
- Fathom Eel - Tol Barad, Vashj'ir, Uldum (Recommended Skill: 575-650)
- Snake Eye - Brinescale Serpent (Kelp'thar Forest) (~56, 36) (NE Kelp'thar)
- Monstrous Claw - Crabs in Vashj'ir
The materials in this section will make you quite a bit of gold because its usefulness in Blacksmithing, Engineering and Jewelcrafting.
- Obsidium - Common mine found in Cataclysm. Will be in the level 80 zones such as Vashj'ir and/or Hyjal. Rich can be found in Deepholm. (~425/~450)
- Elementium - Uncommon mine found in Cataclysm. Higher level zones such as Twilight Highlands and Deepholm. (~475/~500)
- Pyrite - Rare mine found in Cataclysm. Found in the higher level zones. (~525)
- Truegold - Created from Alchemist's Transmutation.
The new 'Eternals' or 'Primals' of Cataclysm. These will be required in many profession recipes.
- Volatile Air - Dropped by air elementals in high level zones. Can possibly be extracted from mines (Engineer).
- Volatile Earth - Dropped by earth elementals. (Twilight Highlands, Mount Hyjal, Stonecore) Dropped from mines (Elementium/Obsidium).
- Volatile Water - Dropped by water elementals. (Twilight Highlands, Vashj'ir) Can be fished up in higher level zones.
- Volatile Fire - Dropped by fire elementals. (Twilight Highlands, Stonecore) Dropped from mines (Rich Elementium/Elementium, Pyrite)
The materials here will be useful for both Inscription and Alchemy.
- Cinderbloom - Spawns in fiery areas such as portions of Hyjal and Deepholm. (~425)
- Stormvine - Seems to spawn at the base of other plants. Spawns in both Hyjal and Vashj'ir. (~425)
- Heartblossom - Found in Deepholm. (~475)
- Whiptail - Found in Uldum and Tol Barad (~500)
- Azshara's Veil - Found in watery areas in Hyjal and all over Vashj'ir. (~425)
- Twilight Jasmine - Found in Twilight Highlands (~525)
With all the fresh new content comes new things to sell and more money to be made. Keep supplying materials such as ore and herbs to those who are concentrating on their professions. The value of items will become more clear as time progresses so keep a watchful eye on the Auction House.
The Warcraft Journal Magazine