Last week during the weekly JMTC Q&A Meeting there was a great question asked. The question is: Is there a way to easily sell cut gems/items using an addon or a macro?
The answer is yes, there are multiple addons and there is even a macro that you can use to vendor items much faster than by hand. Keep in mind these macros and addons are 100% safe and they will NOT get you banned. I will list the several methods that you can use to save yourself some time when vendoring items:
Auto Vendor Addon
This is a great addon to use to vendor items. I personally don't use it, and I learned about it through a comment here at JMTC, but by the looks of it, it does exactly what you need; vendor useless items like greys and thing that you simply want to vendor all with the click of one button. Below is a key outline to what the addon does
- Sell grey items (always enabled as long as the addon is enabled);
- Sell soulbound items that your class cannot use (disabled by default). I tried to make this very conservative, so it will also not sell stuff you haven't yet trained for. Also, mail will never be sold for hunters/shamans and plate will not be sold for paladins and warriors;
- Sell soulbound items that are "not optimal" for your class (cloth for Druid/Rogue, cloth/leather for Hunter/Shaman, cloth/leather/mail for Warrior/Death Knight/Paladin). Only works for players level 50 and higher, so you can keep using "suboptimal" armor until you have your armor specialization;
- Auto repair when visiting a repair-capable vendor (optional to use the Guild Bank for repairs);
- Support for filters, meaning you can have a list of items you want to always keep or always sell.
This is a great little nifty macro that will vendor an item of your choosing. It's great for vendoring items such as cut green gems. Below is the macro:
/run for b = 0,4 do for s = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(b) do local n = GetContainerItemLink(b,s); if n and string.find(n,"PUT ITEM NAME HERE") then UseContainerItem(b, s) end;end;end;
You simply change the part where it says " put item name here " to the desired item that you wish to vendor. This is what I personally use to vendor my cut uncommon gems as it's simply and it doesn't require an addon.