I've gotten countless numbers of e-mails where people are simply asking if there is a way to track your gold in take and output. They want to know what they're spending on and what exactly X item is yielding them. So I've decided to make this post and list a couple of helpful addons that will help you keep track of your gold and stay organized. Below are the top addons that track your gold, they're in no order.
This is a great addon to have/get if you're trying to get organized when you're making gold. It does several things at once and you can even set it to track per day, week or month. Below is a small list of what this addon does/tracks:
- How much gold did I earn and how?
- How much gold did I spend and on what?
- How am I doing in the auction house?
- What have I looted from mobs?
- What items did I consume?
- What items did I produce?
- How many currencies (marks, badges, emblems) have I collected?
- What have I deposited or withdrawn from the guild bank?
- What is my gathering and crafting activity?
This is the addon I used to track my gold. It doesn't do everything analyst does but it allows me to see who bought X item at what time and at what price. It also allows me to track my sales for a given period of time ( day/week/month ). The way it spits out data is very nice and organized, though there is one way I wish this addon had: custom sorting. Below is a small features list:
- Display your sale in a table display.
- Show what your top sellers are and your top buyers.
- Buyer names coloured if they're in your guild or friends list.
- Filter entries by time.
This is the last addon that I know of that tracks your gold. I've never personally used it but from what I've heard it's great. It tracks almost everything you can think of and then some. It tracks your gold in four different "times" Per Session/Day/Week/All Time. Below is a list of what it exactly tracks:
- Loot money - Whether you are solo, in a party or in a raid.
- Vendor money - Stuff you buy from or sell to vendors.
- Quest money - Money you gain from quests, and money you spend on quest
- Trade money - Doing enchants or transmutes? Yep, it catches money exchanged in trade.
- Mail money - Sending money to/from your alts or friends?
- AH money - At last, both outgoing AND incoming Auction House money is tracked.
- Training money - How much did you spend on training and respecs?
- Flight money - Flight Expenses
- Repairs money - See how much money you really spent on repairing your kit after those instances.
- Unknown money - Money gained/lost, but for whatever reason, Auditor can't work out where it's from.
- Reconciliation money - That's money for when you just installed Auditor, and it has to account for the cash you have right now, or for when you crashed, or were logged on at a friend's house. It's all good.
- Guild Bank money - Money you deposit or withdraw from your Guild Bank. Exciting, I know.
- LFG reward money
- Guild contributions money
- Reforging money
That's all folks, hopefully you'll download one of the three mentioned addons and get yourself organized instead of wondering that 100g went. To the AH Goblins: Tracking your gold is needed regardless if you don't have a way to track your gold I suggest you download one of these three addons so you can see how much you're spending/earning. It's always fun to look at the monthly log to see what you've made X gold in a month.
Got an addon that tracks gold and think it's worth a mention? Leave a comment below and I'll add it to the list!