Yesterday I wrote on how you can think outside the box and make gold with tailoring. Well today I'd like to do the same but this time with Jewelcrafting. We all know how flooded the Obsidium shuffle market is - everyone is in the market and it's constant undercutting. Think outside the box and see what jewelcrafting has available at the lower levels, see what's profitable to craft and possible disenchant, or simply sell the crafted good at the auction house for a profit.
Let's focus on something that I like to call the Thorium Shuffle. It's the same aspect as the obsidium shuffle - except to a lesser extent.
- Buy Thorium when it's cheap
- Smelt some into bars and craft Thorium Settings - Save them for the next step
- Prospect the rest - you're mainly looking for 3 gems Huge Emeralds, Azethorian Diamonds & Blue Sapphires, also snatch Essence of undeath as it will be needed soon. If you do not wish to go on, you can list the gems at the AH for massive income - these gems are needed to level JC and they're always in demand
- Craft Sapphire Pendant Of Winter Might, Glowing Thorium Band & Emerald Lion Rings - Then DE
- Sell DE Mats or use for BOA enchants
I've been doing the above for about a year and half and I've always found it extremely profitable. If you do end up selling the gems, be wary as they tend to have some pretty big deposit costs at the Auction house, especially if you list them in stacks of 5's, 10's, & 20's.
Again, this is an alternative, you don't have to it, but it's nice to rake in that extra income from a market that's rarely touched by many people as they're normally and typically busy with the " new and shiny Cataclysm recipes ". Personally, I found it a rather nice change to prospect thorium instead of Obsidium/Elementium every once in a while.