Right now the high end bracer enchants are selling like crazy for massive profit
margins (on my server at least) I put this down to lots of people getting the new BOE
valor point bracers, so I thought I’d share my little tip for all of you out there.
I am going to concentrate on Enchant Bracer – Mighty Intellect since I managed to
pick it up for 1k early on in Cata. However the same principle will no doubt apply for
the strength and agility ones as well
- A max level enchanter, alchemist (preferably transmute spec) and jewelcrafter.
- Preferably the bountiful bags guild perk (for extra enchanting materials).
- A high level bracer enchant, such as Enchant Bracer – Mighty Intellect.
My process for the Mighty Intellect Enchant:
- Shuffle obsidium ore into jewellery for disenchanting. Make sure to make carnelian spikes with those carnelians, you’ll be needing the GCEs.
- Buy Maelstroms when they’re cheap. Monitor your market. I was able to pick up 30 at 70G each the other day. They are going cheap because lots of people are running ZA/ZG for the valor points.
- Transmute volatile life into volatile water every day. I also farm volatile water in twilight highlands sometimes and even buy from the AH if it’s cheap enough.
- Create scrolls and list.
Considering the following assumptions:
- Volatile Life: 2G
- Obsidium Ore: 30G per stack
- Maelstroms: 100G per one
I used an obsidium shuffle spreadsheet to work out that it takes on average,
approximately 36 obsidium ore to get the required hypnotic dust and GCEs for the
mighty intellect enchant. For arguments sake I’m just going to say lets assume you
need 2 stacks of obsidium to get the materials to make one scroll. Therefore the cost
to make one scroll is: 30*2 + 100*2 + 2*15 = 290G.
This means you can make 1 scroll per day at a cost of 290G. On my server I am
currently selling them for 1350G each! That’s an increase of almost 500% and I am
selling 3 or 4 a day! Now imagine you farm the volatile water, or get the maelstroms
and ore even cheaper. The profit margin is huge.
No brainer to me.