Don't do it! Trust me you'll be throwing away thousands of gold, especially if you're posting items such as gems which have insanely huge posting fee's. On things with low deposit fee's always post them for 48 hours, that'd include things like glyphs, scrolls, recipes etc.
Other than that if you're listing gear or simply something you know you're going to be undercut in under a couple hours, don't list for 48 hours! List for 12 and save yourself some gold.
There are several advantages and disavantages to using all AH posting times. I'm going to go ahead and outline them below:
- Use if a heavily undercut market
- Also use if you will cancel within a couple hours to save gold
- Semi cheap
- Use if market has some competition but item being posted won't be undercut for 12+hrs
- I use it to post on Monday nights for Tuesday morning maintenance, so when servers come up my stuff is still posted; wouldn't have of been if I used 12 hour listing time
- The "post and forget" listing time
- Use if market has 0 competition and item will sit at AH for a long time
Only 2 more post on ways you can save gold in Azeroth, and I'm saving the best for last! Watch out for the next Saving Gold In Azeroth folks!