This weekend is the Day(s) of the Dead Event. Normally this is another one of those cute when you do it once type of events that Warcraft has.
But 2013 introduced a new wrinkle. The Macabre Marionette originally was an item that you could use to bring a little skeleton to dance a jig with. Thanks to the powers that be this year it has become a permanent battle pet.
Also the nice thing about this pet is that everyone can get it as long as you can have the cooking skill of level one. With 11 slots you have 11 attempts to obtain this pet (meaning 11 chances to sell them later on in the year).
The key is to know where your home graveyards are. All of the races have a specific home graveyard. You unfortunately can't just show up to another graveyard to finish off the event. Here is a list and their graveyards. It will be the one closest to where you started.
(info from Wowwiki.com)
- Ironforge - Graveyard can be found to the south (southeast really) of the entrance up a small hill. coords 61,37
- Stormwind - Graveyard can be found in Stormwind beside Stormwind Lake, behind the Cathedral.
- Darnassus - Graveyard located directly behind the Guild Master house in Darnassus. cords 69,40.
- Exodar - Graveyard is just south of Azure Watch.
- Silvermoon City - Going from Silvermoon go west past The Dead Scar before you get to Falcon Square.
- Thunder Bluff - Graveyard can be found right next to the north lift of the Middle Rise
- Orgrimmar - Can be found left of the road heading south right past the boar farm
- Undercity - Graveyard is located inside the courtyard of the city right across from the chamber for the Orb of Translocation
If your having difficulties finding your home graveyard the graveyards in Dalaran and Shattrath are neutral and in some cases easier to find.
- Dalaran - Graveyard can be found in next to Violet Citadel in the grass next to the Underbelly entrance.
- Shattrath - Graveyard is just outside the East Gate of the city.
Learn the recipe if needed, make the bread and then deliver the bread and collect your new pet. Unless you really need gold I would suggest holding onto these for a month or so. This being a three day event and not as popular as others there is a good chance that supplies of the pet on many servers will be dwindling quickly.
You can only have learned three of the pets. But putting them into cages and then putting them away into one of your banks will let you be able to sell them later. Don't forget all of the other toons you have on other servers. They can grab the simple quest line and put these little gold nuggets away from later sales.
For those that like to get a little silly. I shall be performing with little bones later on today with my Arcanite Reaper for tips. Cleveland Rocks!!!!
Good Luck and Good Hunting
Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. Dot com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up, and I will buy you a glass of juice.
The Times Ten Challenge
The Blanket Method
Lost All Hallows Day
You Never Know
New Toy For Raiding Boys (And Girls)
Never To Early To Reset
My Timeless Coin Heart Is Full
Nobody Knows the Golems I Have Sold
Surviving the Raid
Darkmoon Faire Dead?
Tip For Timeless Isle
Poor Poor Spirits of Harmony
Not Enough Loot On My Hands
10 Rules To Price My Golem.