A caveat of sorts to start off today's missive. The truth is that I will never be the world's greatest raider. I can always hold my own in a raiding situation and once I learn the raid it's ingrained in my mind along with 100's of other useless facts. But I do not have the reflexes or the time to be in even the top 125 raiding groups.
The other fact to bring up is that I do not have the patience or the attitude of a 18 year old. This isn't ageism or any disrespect to 18 year olds in the world. But there is a social perception that 18 year teens have no life, spend all their lives texting and playing online games. I embrace the perception but do not accept that all 18 year olds or teenagers are like this.
But as we get closer and closer to players having finished Siege of Orgrimmar and other raids on a normal scale the expectation of everyone being 'perfect' becomes that much more prevalent. As the week progresses more and more players have less and less patience when it comes to mistakes. And this becomes a tired view of raiding. I've logged onto far too many flex raids that there was a complete wipe on trash and someone decides they have to expound on all of the mistakes. This wouldn't bother me near as much if it was done in a calm, clear manner. But adding words of the four and five letter cursing variety seem to be the norm far too often.
So here are a few rules to remember if you feel the need to 'encourage' your fellow raiders to make them better.
1. You are not as good as you think you are.
- Perhaps you are good. Perhaps you are in your mind the very best on a server. Perhaps you lead all of your raids in DPS. The odds are someone got upset when you screwed up but didn't lay into you like a ripe tomato. You made mistakes, and someone gave you the benefit of the doubt. Do the same.
2. If your going to leave. Just Leave
- Raids fall apart from time to time. If your not planning on staying, shut up and leave. Resist the urge to flail at your chest and bang about how many 'noobs' were in this past raid. If your planning on staying, take a deep breath and then read rule number 1.
3. Lead, follow or get out of the way.
- This becomes just as important as anything that can be said to players. If the raid leader says does everyone know this fight, and you don't? Say something, ask questions and be considerate to answer if you know. You don't have to be a raid leader to help with the completion of a raid. Private message them what their job is. That makes you a teammate instead of a toolbox.
4. Cursing means a lack of available options.
- There are times that I get upset. Getting angry is an option and my feline companions have heard some interesting combination of words they do not recognize. Your message is lost when you fall back on using curse words to get your point across. Especially if your mentally incapable of saying a full sentence without some type of *&^%%$$ curse word salad. (gotcha)
5. Don't enjoy those 1 hour dps wait queues? Stop driving players who want to learn away by being a toolbox.
The more players that do not join in queue, the less your pool of talent it is to drop those queue times. With some of the technology such as Oqueue and even what will be offered in Warlords of Draenor, being banned will become a possibility. In your mind you might say 'fine, they weren't any good if they didn't want my awesomeness with them'. But the reality is that you might be the finest dps, tank or healer in the game. But you cannot raid alone. Unless you bring all of your personalities with you and they have separate keyboards.
So some might ask how do I make gold with this one Mommar? Because success in a raid means more gear and easier times to loot and pillage bosses. So if your one of those that has to thump their chest in every raid, shut up and listen to yourself and see figure out if your actions are the solution or just another problem.
Good Luck and Good Hunting
Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. Dot com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up, and I will buy you a glass of juice.
WOW: Warlords of Draenor
Tomorrow Is Blizzcon
Glyph Me Once Shame On You
Days Of The Dead
The Times Ten Challenge
The Blanket Method
Lost All Hallows Day
You Never Know
New Toy For Raiding Boys (And Girls)
Never To Early To Reset
My Timeless Coin Heart Is Full
Nobody Knows the Golems I Have Sold
Surviving the Raid
Darkmoon Faire Dead?
Tip For Timeless Isle
Poor Poor Spirits of Harmony
Not Enough Loot On My Hands
There’s a lot of information to sort through when bidding, buying, or posting items on the auction house. In fact it’s too much for any one ...
This post was submitted by Alisha as her application to write here at JMTC. If you enjoyed Alisha's post then please give her a thumbs u...
Hey Markco, Just wanted to tell you another gold tip. With patch 3.1 the JC pattern Citrine Ring Of Rapid Healing no longer requires 2 elem...
Warlords of Draenor will change out our view Outlands and life beyond the portal. Some of my favorite areas that were introduced during t...
Pets have always been a great money maker in world of warcraft, in fact they've been a huge part of my gold making ever since I've p...
Last night on the SyFy network was the premier of Sharknado 2. I will be truthful with the idea that I skipped the first one and was ...
To paraphrase a saying, man shall not live by Warcraft alone. During my off time when I'm watching TV or relaxing I will pop ope...
Cataclysm is here, and so are the new "eternals". People have been asking, what are the best spots to farm Volatiles? If you don...
These are 400 tips from posts found on this site. I literally searched through all 1300+ articles and picked 400 that I felt you should...
Hopefully the day after Christmas has you enjoying new treats and gifts from loved ones. If you haven't stopped by the tree in your...